Monday, July 01, 2024

Celebrità d'Abruzzo

Day Twelve: No history lesson. Today I was a celebrity. The hair. I have a lot of it and it is beginning to look pretty bad after all this travel. Caesar arranged that I meet stilista extraordinaire Alessandra Martella and have a salon morning. His nephew Fabio Pennoni joined us and I never had so much fun waiting for my hair to process, listening to all theee of them and trying to follow the conversation. When we finished up around eleven, we all had coffee and dolce and then went on a scavenger hunt through the market for a particular kind of baby bib for our grandchildren that the moms at home love, laughing all the way, particularly at my inability to remember the word for bib. Bavaglino. Nearly time to meet my kind and thoughtful cousin, Danilo Toscani Del Nibletto for pranzo at one of my favorite local places located high in the hills. Fabio offered to drive us and Alessandra agreed to join us too and Caesar decided to take credit for arranging for me to have a stylist and driver for the day. If I had known that I would spend the day posing as an Americani celebre, I would have dressed way better. So great to see Danilo and we hope he will visit us in the USA next year. After all that, Caesar and I ran off to meet his brother in law, Ciofani Ottica so that Caesar could have his eye exam and choose new glasses, a thing he insists is inferior at home. Finally, ended the day having cena at 9PM with family and friends who we’ve traveled with and hosted in the past. So great to see all the people we love and share so many fun memories. So, not a day of sightseeing or culture but a day of living the dolce vita with the Italians.








No comments:

Villa d'Este, Tivoli, Lazio, Italy

Day Sixteen: We wrap up our journey with a visit to Villa d’Este a 16th century villa commissioned by Cardinal Ippolito II d'Este (1509–...